Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Exciting News!

 



WE ARE PREGNANT!!
 
I am technically writing this at 5 weeks pregnant, God-willing I will be able to actually post it in a couple of months!
 
Was this on purpose?  Very much so!  We had actually been trying for three months.  I started tracking my cycle and testing for ovulation once I stopped breast feeding Cece at six months old.  We knew about two months into parenthood that we weren't going to be able to wait until after Cece's first birthday to try and conceive which was our original plan.
We are THRILLED.
 
How did we find out?  I tested very slightly positive at 9 DPO, and got a full on definite positive at 10 DPO (6/11/15).  I thought briefly about surprising Derek on Father's Day with the news but lets get real, I couldn't wait that long.
By the way, I HIGHLY encourage anyone that is TTC to use Clear Blue digital ovulation tests.  They have given us great results three times now!
When am I due? -  February 20, 2016

5 Weeks Pregnant - I am a total emotional wreck! I am crying at least 3-5 times a day.  And at nothing.   A story on the news, a song on the radio, not having crab claw crackers.  You name it.  I can't stand to watch or read or see anything too sad because I think it might push me over the edge.  These hormones have really done a number on me!  Phsyically feeling ok - more tired than usual, a little crampy but nothing major.  My last pregnancy I didn't get morning sickness until about 6-8 weeks.  So I'm still not sure yet if I have that to look forward to this time around.
7 Weeks Pregnant - Baby is the size of a blueberry! I am still an emotional wreck and never can predict what will set me off.  Morning sickness (AKA all day long sickness) is in full swing.  I actually feel worse as the day goes on and by the time I crawl into bed at night I feel the worst.  It's funny how I don't have time to wallow in my sickness like my last pregnancy.  I'm too busy taking care of Cece and working, maybe that is why I feel worse at night since everything finally catches up to me.  Same for weekends, I feel much worse when I don't have to get up and do stuff!  I did have to get some IV fluids last week due to being sick and dehydrated.  Some days I can only keep down a few bites of food which makes me feel even worse. Yuck.  I am ready for this part to be over and done with. Our first OB appointment is next week on the 14th.. I am hoping we can talk the nurse into an ultrasound as they generally don't do them until you are ten weeks. 
8 Weeks Pregnant - Baby is a Raspberry!  Still sick as a dog.  My hemoglobin is also in the toilet which doesn't help things.  I feel like I've been run over by a bus.  Less emotional and anxious.
Finally had our first OB appointment, generally they just have you meet with the prenatal nurse and business office.  Pretty UNEXCITING.  However since I have had some cramping I talked the doc into an impromtu ultrasound.  Within seconds the tech said she could see a heartbeat.  Thank you Lord!  The little bean looked great and had a heartrate of about 160 and measured right at 8 weeks.  We will have another ultrasound in two weeks around the 10 week mark and I think Derek and I both will feel a bit better after that.
 9 Weeks Pregnant - Baby is a Green Olive!  I am still sick as a dog.  I am taking Diclegis, Zofran and Phenergan and still have days where I feel like I can't get out of bed except to dry heave in the bathroom.  Ritz crackers have been my saving grace when I can't eat anything else.  I went in for an ultrasound and to meet with the doctor after some bleeding and thank the Lord all was ok, little peanut was looking perfectly happy.  Derek and I were FREAKED OUT.  I'm so glad that we can move forward with some small degree of confidence now.
11 Weeks Pregnant - Baby is a lime (or a fig, depends on which pregnancy app you look at)!  Holy heck how did this kid grow to the size of a freaking lime already??  I've only been sick 4 times this week... WIN!  We have our 12 week ultrasound next week and already have the gender scan scheduled for mid-september.  I am starting to have cravings, most recently sub sandwiches and Diet Coke.  Diet Coke was big for me when I was pregnant with Cecelia and it's back.  I never crave Diet Coke when i'm not pregnant.  I can't stand coffee but do like hot chocolate some mornings.  I've also started on a prescription iron supplement (ferralet) which has helped me feel less tired and crappy throughout the day.  It does have some icky side effects though that I am not a fan of. 
12 Weeks Pregnant - We had our Nuchal Translucancy ultrasound and bloodwork this week.  The ultrasound measurements were perfect and baby is growing right on track!  We saw little legs kicking and little hands waving to us.  This baby was MUCH more cooperative than Cece (maybe this is a boy???)  We are so happy to finally announce that we are pregnant! Now we have another month until we (hopefully) find out the gender. 

No comments: