Saturday, August 20, 2011

This Week.

Well I have made it through another work week! That means I still have a job and will receive another paycheck..yay!

This week was MUCH better than last week (see post It's the Most Horrible Week of the Year). Boss lady was out of town for 3 days meaning peace and quiet. Last Friday the neurologist put me on a prednisone taper to try and get rid of this lingering migraine that has plagued me for months. It worked so I was largely pain free this week which made it amazing! Sadly I am now responsible for handling all complaints in the building and that is taking up 90% of my time. When I came into work on Monday there were FIFTEEN on my desk..goodness! We are up to TWENTY-SEVEN for the week. Le Sigh.

But let me tell you about last Friday...

Migraine central. And of course after said week from Hell that didn't help either. I had my neurology follow up appointment and considered cancelling but went ahead and went because I couldn't get out of work early and couldn't cancel so I just went. Well they took pity on me in my horrible state and gave me two big ol' shots in my bootay. I had a shot of Toradol (pain medicine) and a shot of Steroids and then she called me in Phenergan for nausea and told me to pick it up on the way home and take it but she couldn't give it to me in the office because it would make me too sleepy.

Well after the two shots that made it feel like a horse had kicked me in my rear end I went and got my other meds and went home. Well what I forgot to mention was that about ten minutes after I got home we had to leave to drive to Chapel Hill for a big family get together. My cousin from Virginia was in town with baby Caroline so we were all going to hang out. Well part way through the drive all that medicine started to hit me. By the time we got to Chapel Hill things were going downhill fast.

I have basically no idea what I said or did. All I remember is my cousin telling me that I was being super awkward and me telling her that I am "extremely medicated right now". This medicated state coming after the worst week of work ever and put into a family situation where they ask you how work is going was not a good combination. I'm pretty sure at one point when they asked me how work was going I just smiled and nodded and didn't say anything.

Yea so I was a super medicated awkward family get together mess. YES! Add one point to the black sheep board!

In other news here is further proof that I have the worst bedhead in the world:


(there is nothing in there but hair you guys)


(my mom said it looks like dredlocks)



Dear lord someone help me.

No comments: