Thursday, July 14, 2011

Lightbulb!

Lately I have been having pretty bad headaches/migraines. I am used to having headaches pretty much nearly every day due to my TMJ but man it's been way worse. My doc recommended that I try massage therapy to ease some of the tension in my neck/back.

So today was my first massage. I'm not going to go into it but all I will say is that the "woman" was the biggest BEAST of a woman I have ever seen, and my body hurts quite tremendously.

ANYWAYS. The point. She asked me when I had my lapband surgery.
I said September 29th

She said "Wow so like a year"
I said "...oh my GOD it has been almost a year"
She said "how much weight have you lost?"
I said "Thirty pounds"
She said "You know that's ridiculous right?"

UM... HOLY SHNAZBALLS. This beefcake of a massage therapist is the one giving me a light bulb moment cause when she said that my exact thoughts were..

"HOLY SHIT THAT IS COMPLETELY RIDICULOUS! I AGREE!" (sorry mom)

So I'm not making any big promises or oaths but I am simply reveling in the statement that it is in fact RIDICULOUS that I've had this surgery for almost a year and lost only 30lbs. Actually, my words are that it is COMPLETELY EFFING RIDICULOUS"

I am going to have to whip my still fat but into shape and get this show on the road!


1 comment:

Amanda said...

If you didn't have to work for it, it wouldn't mean anything to you. You're on the right track and you have the knowledge and tools to finish this..you can do it! You have lots of people cheering for you. At least know that you've come a long way...don't get too down about it.