Tuesday, May 31, 2011

My thoughts on Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition

I did NOT want to watch it. But it was on Hulu and I thought about it awhile then I figured that I would go ahead and just watch it. I am generally not one that enjoys watching shows where people lose massive amounts of weight in relatively short periods of time. Plus since I am going through my own weight loss experience I just don't want to see it. I don't know why but it just upsets me. Maybe it's because I am not losing 5-10 lbs a week and watching someone who does pisses me the heck off, but I freaking hate looking at it. Also, it's probably because I would rather stab myself in the eyes than work out and seeing that I am going to HAVE to do that pisses me off too. It also pisses me off to see fat people crying when they have a hard work out...but also I would be the first one bitching and sobbing and throwing up on the floor (what can I say, I am a box of contradictions)

That said, I quite liked Rachel, despite the whole "If you hadn't done this for me I would have HAD to have Lapband surgery" comment there at the beginning...uh no hooker, you would have been lucky since it's a blessing! But besides that I liked her and the end result is always fun to watch.

I LOVED that they had the family put on the extra weights and walk around in it! I don't think most people realize how HARD it is to even walk that mile. The goals were a bit hardcore, 80 lbs in 3 months would be toughie but hell if someone was giving me a trip to Greece there would be no problem folks.

So who wants to buy me a trip to Greece? Anyone? Anyone?

Come on! I'll lose 80 lbs for you!

No? Well okay...

The family support issue really resonated with me as all though my family supports me, we are eating out and eating not so great things a lot. And yes, I am aware that I am the one putting those things in my mouth, but it makes it much more difficult when you are surrounded by unhealthy things.


OK so BACK TO WHAT I WAS POSTING ABOUT! I liked the three month goals, I liked the year long experience.

I liked the show. It was okay.

That's it.

Did you watch? What did you think?

No comments: