Wednesday, May 4, 2011

End of an Era.



Yesterday morning I awoke to some very disturbing news. That Six Forks EMS, an organization that I loved and volunteered for for FOUR years was gone. Just like that. Overnight.

The reason? Two people that were trusted betrayed us. They forged financial documents to the point that there was no saving it.

It is completely unbelievable to me that these two people have brought down an organization that so many people have built and spent their lives supporting. Let alone an organization that provided top of the line services to their patients and saved countless lives.

Six Forks wasn't just a job to most of us. It was our family. We still call each other brother and sister. My brothers and sisters got screwed over and I am pissed. To hear the tears in the phone calls I have made absolutely breaks me. To hear their worry about what they will do and what they have lost. I don't even know what to say.

It is also deeply disturbing that our Chief is one of the most honest and humble men I have ever known in my life. After knowing him for 7 years I know the amount of integrity he has and it surpasses that of anyone I know. His name being brought into this thing disgusts me. His reputation being tarnished because he trusted those who messed this up sickens me.

I only hope that despite all the media attention the truth will come out and those that brought down a wonderful organization will pay for what they have done. I feel certain that our justice system will take care of that.

I have been a total wreck since hearing this news. It feels like a death and I guess in a way it is. The whole betrayal of not only one person but of all the employees is sick. They don't seem to care that they have put people out of work who have children and mortgages.

I can't believe people like this exist in our world.

I can't believe they exist in MY world. I knew both of these people and never would have guessed that they were pulling the wool over our eyes.

I will post more about my personal experiences with Six Forks later but for now, although I have written a lot, I am speechless. There is nothing I can say to anyone to make it better and that part really sucks too.

No comments: