1. I liked the movie better than the book. This never happens. To me food and cooking is so visual that the book really didn't do it for me. I had a hard time really connecting with the characters and just couldn't "get into it".
2. Meryl Streep as Julia Child is genius.
3. The end pissed me off. I wanted them to meet! I don't care if it never happened in real life, I wanted it to happen in the movie! I'm left thinking that Julia hated Julie and I don't like that!
4. I want to cook some of these recipes...they look DIVINE.
5. I miss cooking. To provide your loved ones or yourself with a delicious meal is a great feeling. Plus it is relaxing (minus the cleanup work).
Did you guys read the book or watch the movie? What were your thoughts?