Sunday, September 12, 2010

Lapband Update: Approved!!


Finally! After months of doctors visits and jumping through hoops I got a call from my surgeon's office on Thursday saying they had sent my information to BCBS for approval for lapband. Since it usually takes a week I was shocked on Friday to get a message that I had already been approved!

This is exciting but also scary because it means this is really happening. All I have left is to have a results visit at the surgeon's office and schedule surgery! Hopefully within the next few weeks.

Now I have to stock up on lots of stuff so that I can be prepared...getting meds changed to liquids, buying protein and liquids for the first couple weeks post op. Yikes! Reality!

3 comments:

weebarrett said...

that's exciting! congrats!

amanda said...

i'm so excited for you. know you've been through a lot of stuff to get here--- congrats!

Jennifer said...

Thanks girls!!!