Sunday, August 15, 2010

Surprise Surgery

Some of you may know but most of you don't, but I've been going through the paces to be qualified for lapband surgery. These include:
1. A sleep study
2. Bloodwork
3. Upper GI
4. Gallbladder series ultrasound
5. Barium swallow
6. Psychiatry
7. Nutritionist

Well friends, all of my pre-appointments have been done except for the last two, which I have scheduled for the next week. Well...until I started getting results on Friday.

Well apparently I have to have my gallbladder taken out.
(I should have known when the tech asked "have you been having belly pain" and then "i'm just going to go show the doctor this")

And apparently I have severe obstructive sleep apnea.

Goody!

My gallbladder surgery is scheduled for September 2nd, and this coming thursday I have my second sleep study for my sleep apnea.

Hopefully I will be qualified for my lapband surgery sometime in October, but these setbacks may push it farther. I will keep you updated!

3 comments:

*~ JuLiAnnE ~* said...

Hey there... first time visiting your site through the Coach Poppy thing on the side. I'm so sorry that your stomach pain resulted in need for surgery. Hope everything goes well!
http://bathroom-dancer.blogspot.com

Jennifer said...

Thanks Julianne! I'll be sure to visit your site!

Jet-Setting Divas said...

hope everything goes well with your surgery!