Saturday, March 13, 2010

Now Reading..




Oxygen by Carol Cassella. Today I was cleaning off a bookshelf and found this among them. I guess my mom bought it, it was bookmarked on chapter 2 so i'm guessing she didn't finish it. So far I really like it, you will too if you like medical or doctor sort of things. Not that you have to be into that stuff to read it, but it would probably help. Here is the opening (and what made me start reading!):

"People feel so strong, so durable. I anesthetize airline pilots, corporate executives, high school principals, mothers of well-brought-up children, judges and janitors, psychiatrists and salespeople, mountain climbers and musicians. People who have strutted and struggled and breathed on this planet for twenty, thirty, seventy years defying the inexorable, entropic decay of all living things. All of them clinging to existence by one molecule: oxygen."
-From "Oxygen" by Carol Cassella

What are you guys reading or what was the last good book you read?

2 comments:

Shannon of ** Happiness Is...** said...

Sounds good! The last great book I read was Water for Elephants - loved it :) xo

Merecogirl said...

Interesting! I'll have to check it out!