Sunday, February 21, 2010

Salted-Caramel Hot Chocolate + Birthday



I haven't been cooking recently, I think the business of work and school has greatly hindered my domestication. HOWEVER, I did attempt to re-create the Starbucks Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate. They had it on the menu last winter but decided to not bring it back...BUMMER! This stuff was SO stinking good. I liked this recipe, although I am going to be looking for a different caramel recipe. The good thing about this caramel is that you can store it in the freezer and use it way more than one time. I'll let alice give you the recipe since she has awesome pics! I need some of those clear glasses!



I definitely had an interesting birthday this year. I got rear-ended on my way to work. The plus side was that I got to miss work, the bad side was that I spent the day laying on a heating pad and speaking with insurance companies. Joe got me three of the Penguin Classic books (as featured in a previous post), Mom and Dad got me a new camera lens (close-ups FINALLY!) and a PS3. Yea, it's pretty weird, but I watched a friend play it and it looked really fun so why not? I look forward to trying to improve my hand - eye coordination.





This is the only wrapping paper my brother and his roommates own...it is whiskey bottles,
and showed up in their mail one day.


Typical.

2 comments:

Shannon of ** Happiness Is...** said...

What? I don't remember this salted caramel hot chocolate at all! But thank you for letting me know because I want to go home and make it pronto! Happy birthday sweetie. Sorry you had some bummer moments, but you got lovely gifts! xo

Merecogirl said...

Oh it was the best thing on the menu! Thanks for the birthday wishes you are too sweet!