I made my favorite pasta EVER tonight but was too tired to take pictures, but trust me it's freaking good. So instead, here is a recipe for puff pastry with ice cream and chocolate sauce. Reminiscent of the profiteroles at Maggiano's.
1. Go to the grocery store
2. Buy a package of frozen puff pastry shells
3. Buy a pint of Hagen Daazs Vanilla Bean ice cream
4. Drive Home
5. Put your puff pastry in the oven, DO NOT THAW OUT!
6. Make your chocolate sauce, it takes less time the pastry
7. Make a delicious bowl of heaven and enjoy!
Chocolate Sauce Recipe
Adapted from Tyler Florence (actually all i do is add a pinch of espresso powder, so it's still all mr. florence)
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 pound semisweet chocolate, cut in chunks
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Instant espresso powder
oh and if you don't have instant espresso powder in your cabinet then get off your lazy bum and go buy some because any chocolate dish you make is better with it. You can thank me later.
UPDATE: I forgot to say...sprinkle some sugar over the pastries before you pop them in the oven and when they come out separate into two pieces and put the ice cream in the middle like a sandwich.