Saturday, December 12, 2009

Humdingers



The semester is finally over (Meredith gets out a bit earlier than other schools..yay!) and i'm still waiting for a couple of grades before I announce my victory over the past four months of education. Also, I have finished all my christmas shopping and the presents are wrapped and under the tree...score! Our family makes several christmas sweets which of course will be covered on my fabulously foodie blog, but these are my favorites so i'm starting with them first! This is the first year I have been the one to make them, and let me tell you, they are a huge pain in the butt. You have to stir constantly and then practically burn your fingers off to form them into balls and cover them in powdered sugar. My thoughts? Worth it. The whole house smells like buttery sweetness. This recipe is from my great grandmother...we all know those are the best recipes.



Recipe: Cook these three ingredients for 8 minutes, stirring throughout
2 Sticks Butter
2 8oz packages chopped dates
1 1/2 Cups Sugar







Recipe Continued: after cooking, add:
3 Cups Rice Krispies
2 Cups Chopped Pecans
2 tsp Vanilla



Stir well then cool until balls can be formed and rolled in powdered sugar



These are sooooo messy!!!





No comments: