Thursday, December 10, 2009

Cranberry Tea






Please note, this is not really tea, which is good because I HATE tea. Sweet, unsweet, iced or hot, I am not a big fan. But if you are a Tea fan, you will still love this. Our neighbors make this and we got the recipe from them. Very tangy, sweet and delicious!

Boil and Simmer for ten minutes the following ingredients:
1 lb fresh cranberries
4 sticks of cinnamon
8 whole cloves or 1/2 tsp ground cloves
3 1/2 QTs Water

Strain the liquid and mash the cranberries into the strainer

Then add the following
1 - 12 oz can orange juice
1/2 bottle (7.5 oz) frozen lemon juice
1- 6 oz can lemonade
1 Cup sugar

NOTES: I used 1 1/2 Cups of sugar and I also put at least a spoonful in each individual cup because I like the sweet to overpower the tang a little bit, but add sugar to your own tastes!! This is served HOT!








1 comment:

Kristen said...

Can you please be a food photographer for Martha Stewart Living or something? Your pics make me HUNGRY!