Monday, October 5, 2009

Cleaning Out

I spent this weekend cleaning out my childhood bedroom at home. Out with the old, in with the new. Apparently my mother didn't think that my stick on glow in the dark stars on the ceiling set the appropriate ambiance for house guests. It took me about 8 hours in all, not including time hauling full trash bags to the dump. I found it surprisingly difficult to throw away so many things that used to be my treasures, like the old rock collection or seven years worth of Saddle & Bridle magazines. I feel like i kept the important stuff though, and actually feel some relief that i have the things that are most important to me from when I was little separated and in their own box. I also found some new treasures like my mothers old onyx necklace that I must have salvaged from her old jewelry box. Just goes to show, you never know what you'll find among the junk! (or rock and yarn collections)

On the way to the dump!!

One of my new found treasures hidden among the junk!

This is a short week for me, fall break starts Thursday which only gives me one extra day off, but hey I'll take what I can get. Company is coming this weekend so I'll be trying out some recipes...exciting! I am also finishing a long drawn out photo project that i started for my mom as a Christmas present. It is a photo gallery in her upstairs hallway, and it's coming together well, i can't wait for it to be done!

No comments: