Thursday, October 15, 2009

Baking from Last Weekend Part I

Last weekend cousin Thad and his wife Emily were staying over with us for a wedding they were going to on Saturday. We had a good laugh over my second grade diary where I listed my cousins as my step-siblings and my aunt and uncle as step-parents (obviously I had a good grasp of the family concept). I made two recipes, Chocolate Chess Pie for desert Friday night and Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins. Uncle Gene and Aunt Laurie were with us Saturday night and we also made a breakfast quiche, kind of southwest with cheese and green chilies, we got the recipe from Aunt Fran.
The pie recipe comes from the Angus Barn and is amazing, I found out about it because I ran an EMS call at Angus Barn once and they gave us a pie, and we ate the whole thing within an hour because it was so good. Kept true to the recipe but added a TSP of instant espresso powder. Also, this is probably the easiest baking you can ever do, it is foolproof.
Recipe:

Angus Barn Chocolate Chess Pie

  • 1 unbaked pie crust
  • 1 stick of butter
  • 2 squares bakers chocolate (semi-sweet)
  • 1 cup of sugar
  • 2 eggs (beaten)
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • Dash of salt
  • ADDED BY ME: 1 tsp. instant espresso powder

1. Melt butter and chocolate, mix with other ingredients, which have been blended together.

2. Pour into a pie shell and bake 35 minutes (no longer) at 350 degrees.

3. Top with whipped cream.

Courtesy: http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=resources/lifestyle_community/food/recipes&id=5985711


The melted ingredients

Before Baking..

After Baking

Served with home-made whipped cream and Chopped Ghiradelli chunks

YUM

No comments: